“Air” suggests the invisible but intimate presence of God who comes to us in the person of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God surrounds us with God’s love, encouraging us and working with our spirit so that we can become all that we were meant to be. Contrary to imagining God as exalted and remote, God’s Spirit moves in us and through us–as close to us as the air we take in and breathe out.
REFLECTION QUESTIONS FOR “AIR”
1) What significance is there that the video begins on a rock pier? How can this opening image relate to the Holy Spirit?
2) Consider the many ways air moves around the globe; fast, slow, north, south, starts and stops. Have there been times in your life when the ways of the Holy Spirit mirror the movement of air?
3) Think of a time in your personal life when you felt you were exactly where you should be; a time when the breath of God was within you. What words would you use to describe this feeling?
4) Can you recall a time when you worked with a group of people to accomplish something good; a time when it felt as if you were all breathing the same air? What did it feel like to be a part of this experience?
5) Do you know someone who regularly doubts his or her ability or worth? How might the presence of God’s Spirit assist you in offering help?